- Legendary Designer: Discover the extraordinary career and creations of Norman Norell, the esteemed fashion designer hailed as the Dean of American Fashion by the New York Times.
- American Couture: Learn how Norell revolutionized the American fashion industry by introducing couture techniques, refined workmanship, and luxurious fabrics to create elegant and practical dresses, coats, and suits.
- A Visionary Icon: Explore how Norell's unparalleled talent earned him the title of the American Balenciaga, shaping the character of the ready to wear industry and inspiring generations of American designers.
- Timeless Elegance: Admire Norell's signature lean sophistication and American glamour, as seen in his daytime suits, jersey separates, swing coats, and shimmering sequined mermaid dresses.
- Style Icons and Clients: From Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lady Bird Johnson, uncover the star-studded clientele that embraced Norell's timeless designs, cherished by stylish women even today.
Item Number: 9780847861248
Dimensions: 12.2 x 9.92 x 0.98 inches
Weight: 3.83 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.