- Unconventional Artists: Delve into the sculpture and photography of Eva Hesse and Hannah Wilke, who challenged societal norms in the 1960s-1970s.
- Intimate Body Art: Discover their use of unconventional materials, repetition, and visceral forms to confront phallo-centricism in sculpture.
- Resonating Practices: This exhibition and book explore the connections between Hesse and Wilke's studio approaches.
- Thought-Provoking Essays: Eleanor Nairne, Jo Applin, and Anne Wagner offer insightful perspectives on the artists' works.
- Rich Historical Context: Amy Tobin's chronology includes primary-source materials, shedding light on their impact on the New York art scene.
Item Number: 9780847868100
Dimensions: 12.28 x 9.92 x 1.02 inches
Weight: 3.62 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.