- First published in 1935, National Velvet is Enid Bagnold’s unforgettable tale of a horse-loving girl with aspirations of jumping glory.
- A story about pursuing dreams and taking chances, National Velvet follows the adventures of 14-year-old Velvet Brown.
- When "The Pie," a horse with a bad habit of jumping pasture fences and making mischief, is raffled off at the village fair, Violet finds herself his new owner.
- She and her best friend Mi decide to train the talented jumper and enter the Grand National, England’s famed steeplechase!
- This set includes the 276-page paperback book and a 1:12 scale model of The Pie.
Item Number: 1809
Dimensions: 13.82 x 9.8 x 3.39 inches
Weight: 1.3 lb
Breyer Animal Creations® began as the Breyer Molding Company, a Chicago-based plastics manufacturer. Its first model horse, the # 57 Western Horse, made its appearance in 1950. It was a special order for the F.W. Woolworth Company, made to adorn a mantelpiece clock. Breyer was flooded with requests from people who wanted to know if they could purchase just the horse! With that first horse, the Breyer Molding Company had changed the focus of its business forever!
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.