- The Purity of Desire is a collection of 100 poems by the revered poet and spiritual thinker, Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi, translated by bestselling poet Daniel Ladinsky.
- Known for his poignant renderings of mystical texts, Ladinsky beautifully captures the beauty, intimacy, and musicality of Rumi's verses.
- The poems in this volume explore the theme of desire, a universal emotion, inspired by Rumi's love and reverence for his companion and spiritual teacher, Shams-e Tabriz.
- The collection showcases the profound wisdom of Rumi, one of Islam's most esteemed artistic and religious voices, and one of the most widely read poets in the English language.
- The Purity of Desire is a spiritually enriching work that awakens the soul and offers insight into the depths of human longing and connection.
Item Number: 9780143121619
Dimensions: 8.19 x 5.35 x 0.47 inches
Weight: 0.4 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.