- Exploring Visual Culture: Dive into the visual history of "race" through the thought-provoking installations of five prominent contemporary artists.
- Impactful Contributions: Learn about the profound influence of James Luna, Fred Wilson, Amalia Mesa-Bains, Pepón Osorio, and Renée Green on installation art in the United States.
- Contextualizing Identity: Discover how these artists challenge social discourses by presenting human subjects and cultures in thoughtfully curated dioramas and site-specific interventions.
- Powerful Social Commentary: Explore the politics of space and the implications of display in galleries and museums, reflecting on historical colonialism, race dominance, and visual culture.
- A Unique Lens: Jennifer González offers a comprehensive analysis that links the legacy of race discourse with innovative approaches in contemporary art, creating a rich tapestry of cultural reflections.
Item Number: 9780262516020
Dimensions: 9.96 x 6.3 x 0.71 inches
Weight: 1.93 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.