- Provocative Essays: Delve into a collection of thought-provoking essays written by Jeffrey Kipnis, exploring the essence of contemporary architecture and its emotional impact.
- Explication and Exegesis: Rather than making critical judgments, Kipnis's essays focus on deep analysis and interpretation of projects, concepts, and buildings by renowned architects.
- Affective Experience: Discover how architecture becomes an intellectual discourse and a lived, affective experience, shaping emotions and perceptions in profound ways.
- Integrative Approach: Kipnis seamlessly weaves together art, critical theory, philosophy, music, and more, providing a holistic perspective on architectural theory and criticism.
- Transcending Boundaries: A refreshing departure from traditional architectural writing, these essays challenge existing norms and present a new way of thinking about and understanding architecture.
Item Number: 9780262519557
Dimensions: 7.99 x 5.47 x 0.91 inches
Weight: 1.23 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.