- A Culinary Icon's Memoir: Discover the captivating memoir of Alice Waters, a cultural icon and visionary chef, as she traces her path from a young and impassioned cook to the creator of America's influential restaurant, Chez Panisse.
- A Culinary Revolution: Join Alice on her remarkable journey as she defies convention and embraces her passion for pure flavors and beauty, revolutionizing American cuisine and inspiring generations of chefs and food enthusiasts.
- A Taste of Berkeley: Immerse yourself in the vibrant counterculture of Berkeley in the 1960s, where Alice found her voice amidst the Free Speech Movement and an eclectic circle of bohemian influencers.
- Culinary Activism: Through this deeply personal and modestly understated memoir, witness how Alice Waters not only transformed the culinary landscape but also became a respected activist, using food as a means to effect social and political.
- Recipes and Reflections: Enjoy a feast of stories, recipes, photographs, and letters that provide a vivid glimpse into Alice's life and her enduring commitment to embracing food as a powerful tool for cultural transformation.
Item Number: 9780307718297
Dimensions: 7.99 x 5.12 x 0.87 inches
Weight: 0.66 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.