- Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe by John Boswell presents evidence of same-sex unions being sanctioned and sanctified by the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches in the past.
- The book explores ceremonies that resemble heterosexual marriage ceremonies, shedding light on historical attitudes toward same-sex relationships.
- Highly praised and controversial, the work challenges conventional beliefs about the history of same-sex unions within religious contexts.
- Boswell's research offers a thought-provoking perspective on the historical treatment of LGBTQ+ relationships in premodern Europe.
- This groundbreaking book sparks discussion and contemplation about the intersection of religion, history, and LGBTQ+ rights.
Item Number: 9780679751649
Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 1.3 inches
Weight: 0.7 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.