- Daring Art Criticism: Acclaimed novelist Jeanette Winterson presents ten interconnected essays that demonstrate her provocative and stylish approach as an art critic.
- Unraveling Preconceptions: Winterson fearlessly examines diverse works like the Mona Lisa and Virginia Woolf's The Waves, liberating them from preconceived notions to reveal their true power to inspire, unsettle, and transform.
- Exalting and Unnerving: Through her insightful analyses, the author invites readers to engage deeply with art, experiencing the exalted and unsettling emotions it can evoke.
- Urgent Reflections on Art: Art Objects urges us to ponder the profound and essential role of art in both individual lives and collective culture, emphasizing the need for meaningful artistic experiences.
- Praise from Critics: Hailed by the Los Angeles Times as a book that speaks exorbitantly, urgently, and beautifully about art, this collection offers a captivating and thought-provoking exploration of the artistic realm.
Item Number: 9780679768203
Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.1 x 0.6 inches
Weight: 0.6 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.