- Stuffocation by James Wallman is a movement manifesto advocating for experiential living over materialism. The book explores the negative impacts of accumulating stuff on our well-being and the environment.
- The author traces our obsession with stuff back to the original Mad Men who created desire through advertising, and interviews experts studying the clutter crisis and its effects on our happiness.
- The book introduces the concept of experientialism, where people prioritize experiences over possessions and value access over ownership.
- Through a mix of stories and science, "Stuffocation" challenges the belief that more stuff leads to greater happiness and offers a road map for living with more meaning by choosing experiences over material possessions.
- Praised for its insights and engaging storytelling, the book encourages readers to reconsider their consumption habits and live more consciously.
Item Number: 9780812997590
Dimensions: 9.53 x 6.54 x 1.06 inches
Weight: 1.17 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.