- A riveting first-hand account of the Monuments Men, an elite group of art recovery specialists embedded in the US Army during World War II.
- Follow James J. Rorimer, former director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, on a daring treasure hunt across France and Germany to rescue Europe's greatest artworks from Hitler's clutches.
- Enriched with new imagery and ephemera, including WWII photographs taken by Rorimer himself and gorgeous reproductions of Old Masters' artworks.
- Learn about the courage, perseverance, and triumph of these heroes as they locate, seize, and return stolen masterpieces to their rightful owners.
- The real-life story that inspired the film "Monuments Men," featuring Matt Damon's character based on James J. Rorimer's remarkable journey.
Item Number: 9780847871230
Dimensions: 10.12 x 7.32 x 1.14 inches
Weight: 2.87 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.