- Award-Winning Memoir: Edgar Gomez's witty and touching memoir received the Lambda Literary Award for Gay Memoir/Biography and was honored as an Honor Book for the 2023 Stonewall Book Award—Israel Fishman Non-Fiction Book Award.
- Embracing Identity: From a cockfighting ring in Nicaragua to queer spaces across the U.S., Gomez's memoir traces his path to embracing his gay, Latinx identity, defying machismo culture, and finding pride in himself.
- Vulnerable and Humorous: With candid vulnerability and humor, Gomez shares insights into power dynamics, racial and sexual identities, and the journey to take pride in all aspects of himself.
- Powerful Queer Spaces: Readers follow Gomez's journey through significant queer spaces, including Pulse nightclub in Orlando, a drag queen convention in Los Angeles, and transformative moments of self-discovery.
- A Beautiful Reminder: High-Risk Homosexual is a scintillating and beautiful reminder of the importance of embracing joy and leaving space for individuality and self-acceptance.
Item Number: 9781593767051
Dimensions: 8.19 x 5.51 x 1.73 inches
Weight: 0.69 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.