- Uncovering Art Censorship: Farah Nayeri delves into the complexities of art censorship, examining its historical roots and contemporary manifestations in the digital age.
- Shifting Power Dynamics: Explore how censorship has evolved from a top-down approach to also include bottom-up influence, with social media campaigns and public demands shaping artistic discourse.
- Empowering Marginalized Voices: Discover how artists, critics, galleries, and museums are responding to calls for increased visibility and ethics, seeking to amplify marginalized voices in the art world.
- Exclusive Insights: Gain valuable perspectives from exclusive interviews with renowned artists like Nan Goldin, Sam Durant, and Faith Ringgold, offering unique insights on sex, religion, gender, and other challenging issues in art.
- Navigating the Art World: Addressing critical questions about ownership, authenticity, exploitation, and appropriation, "Takedown" equips readers with the necessary tools to engage thoughtfully with the ever-changing landscape of art.
Item Number: 9781662600555
Dimensions: 9.21 x 6.3 x 1.02 inches
Weight: 1.08 lb
Penguin Random House is your one-stop source for the best books and gifts. You can filter by categories and sub-categories that interest you—from pop culture to craft & creativity, from health & wellness to journals, stationery & more. We have over 450 themes and categories to help you find your way. Or you can filter by age, grade, award winners, top sellers, on-sale date or coming soon, and even cover color. Featuring titles from all publishing divisions of Penguin Random House and across our distribution clients, Penguin Random House was designed and organized around the themes, occasions, holidays, and categories that are meaningful to you and your customers.
We don't accept return, but if the product you receive is broken or wrong, we will provide full or partial refund.